Three Veggies in Spicy Sauce
Quick Three Veggies in Spicy Sauce
You can rustle this one up really quickly and serve with rice or noodles, as a Pitta constitution I don't add too much hot spice as it aggravates my dosha.
Best to put in a little and add more to your own taste.
- 1 cup of thinly sliced turnip, use a potato peeler or thin very finely
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms, I like to use button mushrooms
- 1 cup of bean sprouts, I like to use mung bean sprouts, but you can sprout most beans or buy bamboo shoots
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger, you can use powered but it's not as good in this recipe
- 2 tablespoons of tamari sauce
- 2 spring onions chopped small
- 1 fresh chili, chopped up small
- 1 teaspoon of barley or malt syrup
- 1 cup of veggie bouillon
Cut all the veg into strips, heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan and add the ginger and veg strips, fry for 3 to 5 mins, then add all the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 3 mins or so. The veg wants to still have some bite in it and not be soggy.
Serve onto a plate of noodles or rice.